| EPROM ERASER
This EPROM ERASER unit holds two chips at a time. First
connect the power supply unit (ENCLOSED IN PACKAGE) to
the back of the eraser (12 VOLT DC SUPPLY) and make sure
the right connecting plug and the way it is fitted and connected
the unit is done in the proper way round. Just to make sure the
connecting plug has a white arrow on it. Now plug into the
power supply. Open up the door and then rest the rom chips to
erase on the groove with the window (clear and visible) face
down towards the UV bulb and leg pins up in the air. Then
slide the door closed again and press the black button on the
back of the eraser to start the process.
WARNING : WARNING : WARNING
DO NOT LOOK AT THE UV BULB WHILE IT IS ON OR
YOU COULD DO SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOUR EYE
When the process is done the UV light will go out and the roms
are then ready to use.
EPROM ROM BLOWER
QUICK START FOR BLOWING ROMS
NOTICE:- Please DO NOT use CMOS type rom chips with
this blower. ONLY use the following type of chip:
12,5 volt M27128AF1
These chips cost about œ5.00 sterling to buy as blank chips
from any electronic shop.
1) Put the blank ROM CHIP in the EPROM BLOWER,
with the NOTCH on the rom chip at the same end as the
BLACK DOT on the BLUE rom chip SOCKET on the eprom
blower. Push firmly onto the blue chip socket and close over
the two blue end catches.
2) Connect the eprom blower to your CPC via the output
port on the computer.
3) Insert the program disk and run the program
4) Press "N" for NORMAL.
5) Press "f4" to load ROM into RAM.
6) Press "f5" to check rom is blank.
7) Press "f2" to load program file you want to blow onto
the blank chip. example: "RAFPROF.BIN", press "RETURN".
Then press the following "C000" for the address.
8) Press "f7" to then start the programming of the rom
9) Go to your kitchen and make a cup of tea and have a
10) Go to instruction number (9) and do the same until at
least 45 minutes to an hour has elapsed or when the program is
11) Remove your disk, switch off computer, remove the
eprom blower and press apart the catches and remove the rom
chip. The rom now should have the program blown onto it.
Then cover up the rom chip window with a sticker and write
the program file name on it.
12) Insert the chip into a rombox and then enter your BAR
COMMAND "|" to run program.
13) If all things are okay, the program should then run.
14) If not the program did not transfer properly or the rom
chip was not blank or the chip was faulty. You have up to at
least four tries per chip, then the chip becomes useless to use.
The four chips in this package have been used two or three
times and maybe reuseable.
This manual was brought to you by ROBCFG