The object of this game is to use the joystick hard, since barriers are placed at random to block your way. There is also a 20 second time limit, and once the time runs out the game ends.
You only have one life, and this is lost when you run into a barrier. Level one is quite easy, since there are only 40 barriers, but as you progress to the next level (after reaching the top of the screen) it becomes harder, as more barriers are placed in your way. Forty more barriers are added at each level. Good luck!
- X - Barrier (x value)
- Y - Barrier (y value)
- A - number of barriers.
- LV - Level.
- TI$ - Time.
- C - Colour value.
- J - X coordinate of player.
- Y - Y coordinate of player.
- D - Number of barriers (pairs) permitted on each level.
- H - Used for collision detection.
- P - Start of screen memory.
- E,U - Other variables.
- 40 Clear variables
- 50 On error goto line 310
- 60-90 Set variables & volume & colours. Clear screen.
- 100-120 Random x and y values for barriers. Print them on the screen.
- 130 Colour of barriers.
- 140 Sends to line 90.
- 150 Set time at 0 seconds.
- 160-200 Checks joystick input.
- 210 Collision detection.
- 220 Print player on screen and check for collision.
- 230 Sends to line 340.
- 240 Check to see if time is 20 seconds.
- 250 Sends to line 160.
- 260 Colour (brown).
- 270-290 Print time, level and number of barriers on that level.
- 300 Returns to joystick input.
- 310-320 Set colours and clear screen.
- 330 End program.
- 340 Sound effects.
- 350 Printout game over.
- 360 Time loop. Sends to line 410.
- 370 Increase level and barriers. Place man at bottom of screen.
- 380 Set time to 0 seconds.
- 390 Sound effects.
- 400 Send to line 80.
- 410-430 Ask for another game.
- 440-460 Check joystick input and send to appropriate line number.
- 470 Send to line 440.