Please read this before you boot SymbOS Release 2.1 the first time!
Booting SymbOS on the CPC
- Because of the huge size it is necessary to place the operating system and the full application and game packages on sepparated discs.
- If you boot SymbOS from ROM (type |SYM) you just have to insert the application disc and copy your screensaver, the SymbOS extensions module ("SYMEXTEN.EXE") and your background picture on this disc.
- If you boot SymbOS from disc (type RUN"SYM" or RUN"SYM1MB"), you first need to insert the OS disc, boot SymbOS, remove the OS disc and insert the application disc. Then you can start to work with SymbOS. Of course this is not necessary if you place the applications on a second disc drive or a hard disc / CF card.
- If you modify the system configuration and want to save the changes, you always need to insert the OS disc again. You also may need to copy your desktop background picture, the SymbOS extensions module and the screen saver on the OS disc, as SymbOS requires these files during the booting process.
- For more information how to install and use SymbOS please download and read the user manual.